Tuesday 18 September 2012

Speech and Language

Today was my first meeting of the new year to talk through children on the books of speech and language.  I discovered that my new filing system is working as I could locate all the speech and language programs and letters regarding Sp & L.  A bit of a wobble when talking about a child whose surname I didn't recognise but realised is brother to another child in school just different surname and once that was sorted I realised I was pretty knowledgable and up to speed on all of the children on the books.  Have asked for some SMART targets on a couple ("to use learning strategies for classroom listening" was far too vague and woolly!!) and should be signing three children off by the end of the term.

My new enrolment details have been e-mailed to me to join the university for my SENCO course so I will be joining tomorrow I hope as well as getting on with the annual review forms for a couple of children.  I still have to find out a bit more about what information I am expected to produce and talk through at the IPM next Monday and have to get on with pulling together a statement for one and possibly two children over the next couple of weeks.  I think I'm going to be a busy bee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment